This website uses cookies to store information such as which page you last viewed and whether you are logged in as an administrator. No personally identifiable information is stored. Please give your consent by clicking OK.



Low Carbon Across the South East (LoCASE) is an EU funded project set up to help businesses tackle and adapt to climate change. 

The aim of the project is to reduce businesses' costs by cutting emissions and to promote the opportunities of the low carbon market.

LoCASE Services

The LoCASE project will be able to provide support to businesses in a number of ways:

  • Two types of grant funding (up to a maximum of £10k) to improve business performance in terms of profitability, resilience and competitiveness, whilst contributing to the protection and preservation of the environment. Grant would be 40% of the cost of the project, with the remaining 60% matched by business;
    • Up to £5k towards energy efficiency measures (both materials and cost of installation);
    • For businesses offering low carbon goods or services, up to £10k) of business development grant, for eligible costs such as marketing, consultancy, equipment, IT software, licences, training and certification.
  • The Steps To Environmental Management (STEM) scheme to help businesses build an environmental management system aligned with the requirements of ISO 14001.
  • Business support for growth-focused low carbon / environmental sector companies in East Sussex via the University of Brighton’s Green Growth Platform.
  • Innovation and R&D support to help low carbon / environmental sector companies develop new products and services via the University of Brighton’s Green Growth Platform and other regional universities.
  • Events and conferences about the low carbon market.

For more information, visit the dedicated LoCase website.

 The Thames Gateway Kent Partnership is not responsible for the content of external websites.